I've been neglecting this blog. Been ill, busy at work, busy at home...you know things pile up quickly when you're not paying attention to them!
Today's Handistuff: adding an original pattern, a 12" square, which is one of my favorite things to do!
Today's Catstuff: I have a major disaster in my craft room, thanks to BittyKitty. She knocked about 20 inches of stuff off a bench...and it went everywhere! Beads, cards, thread, pictures, CD's...you name it, its in the floor now.
Today's Puterstuff: just emailing some friends, doing some looking at patterns (like I might NEED one!), I need to get up and get busy!!
Small amount 4 ply worsted weight yarn
H crochet hook
Ch 5, join with sl to make loop.
1. Ch 3 (counts as first dc now, and throughout), 19 dc in loop, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 (20 dc)
2. Ch 4 (counts a dc, ch 1), dc, ch 1 in each dc around, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 4 (20 dc, 20 ch-1=40 stitches)
3. Ch 1, sc in same stitch, *2 sc in next chain one space, sc in dc* around to last ch 1 space. 2 sc in next ch 1 space, join with sl in beginning single crochet (60 sc).
4. (WORKING IN FRONT LOOP ONLY OF THIS ROW) Ch 1, sc in joining stitch, *skip next sc, 3 dc in next sc, skip next sc, sc in next sc* around, joining in first sc of this row (15 shell stitches, 15 sc, 30 skipped sts)
5. (WORKING IN BACK LOOP ONLY OF ROW 3, and behind shells of row 4) ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch (corner made),* sk next sc, dc in next 2 sc, hdc in next 2 sc, sk next stitch sc in next 2 sc, sk next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, 2dc-ch2-2dc in next st *, repeat from * to * 3 times, until last 2dc of set, join with sl to 3rd ch of beginning ch 3. (44 stitches)
6. Sl in next st and into next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, *dc in each of the next 14 dc of prev row, *2dc-ch2-2dc in next space* 3 times, join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 (4 corners, 56 dc)
7. Sl in next dc and into the next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in next st, *ch 2, decrease dc over next 4 sts, close with an extra ch that does not count in your overall stitch count* 4 times, ch 2, dc in next st, 2dc-ch2-2dc in next ch2 space, repeat on each side, join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 (4 corners, 16 "peaks", 20 ch 2 spaces, 4 dc)
8. Sl in next dc and into the next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in next 3 dc *skipping all ch 2 spaces across, 4 dc in the top of each "peak" of the prev row, dc in next 3 dc, corner in corner, repeat across each side, join with sl to the 3rd ch of beginning ch3.
9. Sl in next dc and into the next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in each of the next 26 dc, corner in corner around, sl in the 3rd ch of beginning ch3. (4 corners, 104 dc)
10. Repeat row 9 with 30 dc across
11. Repeat row 9 with 34 dc across
12. Sl to corner space, 3 hdc in corner, hdc in each stitch across, repeat around. (4 corners, 38 hdc)